This is my personal review on both Membership Plugins for WordPress. WP Members and Paid Membership Pro…
Both are free plugins, however also both plugins have to upgraded to a paid membership to get access to the premium content and as far as I know at this moment from the YouTube tutorial video isn’t that the case for the Paid Membership Pro free plugin. Because of the video I’m gonna change my WP Members plugin with the other option because I certainly can’t do those things what I really wanted in the first place so I hope to be able to with Paid Membership Pro.
What I can tell you is that if I knew then what I know now, I absolutely started using Paid Membership Pro and wouldn’t bother to even look at WP Members… That’s a fact! And I’ll report my personal experience back to this blog post in the near future after I’ve tested the plugin on my website.
So if you’re asking yourself now; ‘What’s going to happen to this website?’ Well, yes there will be changes because I’m not happy with the options of the plugin which I’m using at the moment so I need to start experimenting with some other options and because I know a bit of coding it’s for me personally not needed to have a state of the art plugin that does just about everything because I’m perfectly able to put something together myself and most of the times I’m coding in a way that’s more efficient to process for your computer and the server so I prefer to use my own stuff.
Paid Membership Pro just has everything what I personally need, I’m comfortable using PayPal to handle all my payments and know that I can trust them to handle everything correctly…
Not only for myself but I also keep YOU in mind because via PayPal you are more safe as well and they also handle incorrect transactions or refunds really well so that’s why I’m comfortable with PayPal and I can go on about PayPal but that’s a complete other subject and not relevant to this review so I’m not going further into that right now.
Back to the membership site plugin review…
The Tutorial video I pulled off YouTube is just over 14 minutes and the guy goes through almost every single feature and options and it’s really good so you should watch it if you’re interested in the same plugin below the first video.
Paid Membership Pro Intro Video
Download the latest version on the official WordPress.org website at: https://nl.wordpress.org/plugins/paid-memberships-pro/
Paid Membership Pro WordPress Plugin Tutorial Video.
Source: Jasmine Charter
Because the source of this video was using a link to another affiliate product and not the right resources were available to me I’ve searched everything up for you and will provide them to you here on my website below…
First I looked up the best features of Paid Membership Pro, here’s a list…
A customizable Membership Plugin for WordPress integrated with Stripe, Authorize.net, or PayPal® for recurring payments, flexible content control, themed registration, checkout, and more.
- Membership Levels
- Payment Gateways
- Flexible Pricing and Trials
- Content Access by Level
- Member Reports
- Search Engine Optimized
- Support Community
- Customize Advertising
- Email Notifications
- Totally Theme-able
- 100% GPL
Set up unlimited membership levels and provide restricted access to members-only content (including pages, posts, categories, videos, forums, downloads, support, single “a la carte” page access, and more).
Paid Memberships Pro is flexible enough to fit the needs of almost all online and offline businesses. It works great out of the box, but is easy for developers to customize to fit your needs.
Paid Memberships Pro is 100% GPL and available for free from the WordPress repository or on our site at http://www.paidmembershipspro.com. The full version of the plugin is offered with no restrictions or additional licenses required. Developers should get involved at our GitHub page, This is why it’s interesting to me.
Screenshots of Paid Membership Pro
These screenshots show a collection of the base Paid Memberships Pro plugin frontend and admin pages. The front end pages are using the default stylesheet included in Paid Memberships Pro and WordPress Twenty Twelve Theme.
Next part is about the WP Members Plugin for WordPress…
Because the free plugin version WP Members isn’t totally shit and still has some very powerful things you can do with it I’m also giving you the videos and resources to the official websites so it’s all valuable information what you’re getting from me here till the bitter end!! 😉
First watch the Demo video below
This demo gives you a complete walkthrough so you’ll be able to take this plugin and use it on your website and takes just over 10 minutes. A Quick Start Guide for WP Members you can find at: http://rocketgeek.com/plugins/wp-members/quick-start-guide/
Download the official software via WordPress.org at: https://nl.wordpress.org/plugins/wp-members/
If you are thinking of making from your blog a membership website you need to at least consider the following points and if those are available to you with that particular plugin even before you start installing the wrong plugin just like I did and waste a lot of time…
- Which Tools are Best? – Identify the best membership plugin and/or services for your project.
- Count the Cost – Calculate how much each member will cost you as well as your overall operational costs.
- Experiences Running a WordPress Site – What worked, what didn’t, and what you should do.
- Validating your idea for a membership site – Do people even want what you’re selling?
- Drip Content or Full Access – How you deliver content matters, learn which is right for you and your members.
- Access Restriction – Controlling who can see what.
- Video-Based Content – Where to host it, how to embed it, how to present it.
- Plan Pricing, Discounts and Promos – What is your content worth? When and why would you sell it for less than that?
- Recurring vs. Lifetime – What timeframe is best for you and your members?
- Tiered Memberships? – Should you have multiple benefit levels, multiple term lengths, multiple anything?
- Free Trials & Free Samples – What should you give away, and why? How well can you convert a free member?
- Segmentation – Getting to know your audience…
- Member Retention – Learn how to keep providing value to your existing members to keep them happy and renewing.
- Refund and Cancellation Policies – If you cannot wow your members, how do you send them off?
- Social and Email Marketing – What are you telling prospects, what are you telling members?
Also check out the following related products…
- Value Addon – Create Beautiful Membership Sites In Minutes and Sell Online Courses With Ease!
- Value Addon (Startup Plan) – If you are confident enough and think that you’re able to make this work I recommend you to get this Full Startup Plan Now!
- Value Addon Membership Software (Startup 1 Year Special) – or if you don’t want to have monthly recurring payments for a year I recommend you to use this link to get a special discount for the yearly plan.
- Value Addon (Startup Plan) $1 Trial – Get your first month for just one buck!
- Value Addon Academy – Create & Sell Online Courses In Minutes!
- Value Addon (Enterprise Plan) – Signup For Value Addon Today!
comes with a 100% Money Back Guarantee!
- ValueAddon VIP Coaching – Customize Your Members Portal
- Value Addon Academy + FB Mastermind – Customize Your Members Portal
- Membership Pirate Special – 10 Membership Sites Done For You! – Did you know you’re about to become a serious player in the Internet Marketing arena? Full Automation, Massive Demand & Guaranteed Success
- WP Blog Rocket –
Harness the Hidden Power of “Click Magnets” and Dramatically Boost Your Traffic by As Much as 512%, Skyrocket Rankings, Explode Engagement and Automatically Optimize Conversions…
And please leave me your thoughts below in the comments because I love to hear from you what you think about this review and if you want me to do more reviews and you can do a suggestion to me for the next one and who knows, maybe I’ll pick yours!
Please comment and let me know your thoughts on this topic, don’t forget to share this blog with your friends!
Subscribe to receive my blog updates, discounts, early bird offers and other internet marketing resources for free…
You are here: