VC stands for Venture Capital
“Mastering the VC Game: How to Raise Your First Round of Capital” with Jeff Bussgang
Jeff Bussgang presented a Skillshare class entitled “Mastering the VC Game: How to Raise Your First Round of Capital” at the Harvard innovation lab on April 3, 2012. Jeff is a Senior Lecturer in Entrepreneurship at HBS and a General Partner at Flybridge Capital Partners.
Students learned about the startup financing landscape, how to find investors, how to pitch them, how to understand term sheets, and other tips for raising a first round of financing.
The seminar was intended to address questions like:
- You’ve been working on a big idea and need financing to get it going: but how do you go about raising your first round of funding?
- What’s the difference between angel, seed, and VC investors?
- How do you go about valuing your company and deciding on equity?
Before you go on to watch the seminar I want to recommend you to check out the short video of The Rapid List Building System that can help you build an email subscriber list for you on autopilot for F*R*E*E
Although you can use the free version forever I strongly recommend you to upgrade to the pro version and buy your own domain through their system for a couple of dollars to instantly have everything you need to start a successful online business and get results quickly… that’s within the first 28 days you must have at least the following things accomplished using The Rapid List Building System are listed below:
- have the system setup the right way,
- have your own domain name to use for this system,
- have your email campaigns setup to run automatically,
- have a Twitter account and
- have a Facebook account and created a Page for your business on Facebook dedicated for promoting your free lead system
- started to share the links and messages done-for-you on Twitter and Facebook (adding other social media platforms to share your website URL’s to people is highly recommended to speed up the process of generating leads for free)
- have at least a couple of new leads in your downline for the free lead system
- chance that you already have someone that upgraded also to use the pro version
- idealy have 3 paying referrals or more so that you don’t have to pay anymore for your own pro membership as long as they keep their membership you’ll have this system for free.
If you came to this point with The Rapid List Building System this is the moment to start scaling up your advertising with paid ads on Facebook…
If you didn’t do that already I highly recommend you to keep investing everything you earn online back into your company, especially if you just started with an online business because this helps you to scale your marketing efforts with using paid ads on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and other platforms but that’s really up to you…
Want to see the content below? Just register on my website for free and you’ll be able to access it.
Mastering the VC Game Video with Jeff Bussgang
Source: Harvard i-lab
Another video I recommend you to watch is the next one called the Top 10 Lies VCs Tell Entrepreneurs
Bill Reichert, of Garage Technology Ventures, says entrepreneurs use phrases that VCs perceive as white lies, while VCs use euphemisms for what they really intend when they talk to entrepreneurs
Top 10 Lies VCs Tell Entrepreneurs
Please comment and let me know your thoughts on this topic, don’t forget to share this blog with your friends using the social media buttons below!
Subscribe to receive my blog updates, discounts, early bird offers and other internet marketing resources for free…
You are here: